Help over the phone
LawAccess NSW 1300 888 529
LawAccess NSW is a free government telephone service that provides legal assistance for people who have a legal problem in NSW. They can provide you with information about your legal problem and contact details for services that might be able to assist you.
If you are calling from outside Australia you can contact LawAccess NSW by calling +61 2 8833 3190 between 9am and 5pm, Monday to Friday, Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST) or Australian Eastern Daylight Time (AEDT).
Legal Aid NSW has a number of specialist services that provide help over the phone.
- Youth Hotline 1800 10 18 10
- Child Support Service 02 9633 9916 (Sydney) or 1800 451 784 (regional)
- Mental Health Advocacy Service 02 9747 6155
- Veteran's Advocacy Service 02 9219 5148
- Prisoners Legal Service 02 8688 3888
Call the Telephone Interpreter Service on 131450 if you need an interpreter.