Legal Aid NSW has a firm commitment to privacy in accordance with the Privacy & Personal Information Protection Act 1998. All personal information provided to Legal Aid NSW will be treated confidentially and handled in accordance with the privacy principles outlined in the Act.
All officers of Legal Aid NSW are subject to this Act and privacy standards must be adhered to at all times. This statement discloses the type of information that may be collected from this internet site and from the Legal Aid mobile app. For information about your right to privacy and the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act, visit The Office of the Privacy Commissioner website.
What type of information is collected when you visit this site?
When you visit this website, our server logs the following information which is provided by your browser for statistical purposes only:
- the type of browser and operating system you are using;
- your top level domain name (for example .com, .gov, .au, .uk etc);
- the address of the referring site (for example, the previous site that you visited); and
- your server's IP address (a number which is unique to the machine through which you are connected to the Internet: usually one of your service provider's machines)
- the date and time of your visit; and
- the address of the pages accessed and the documents downloaded.
It is possible to visit the website directly or connect to the website through the Legal Aid NSW mobile app.
What type of information is collected when you download and use the Legal Aid NSW mobile app?
When you download and use the Legal Aid NSW mobile app, anonymised information is collected and may be transmitted and shared with our partners in order to improve the quality of the app. This information is not personal information. It includes:
- the type of device on which the app is being used;
- device specifications;
- device settings;
- functionality usage;
- the type of connection used; and
- the date, time and length the app is in use.
What do we use this information for?
Legal Aid NSW only uses this information for statistical analysis or systems administration purposes. No attempt will be made to identify users or their browsing activities, except in the unlikely event of an investigation where a law enforcement agency may exercise a warrant.
What we won't do with the information?
Legal Aid NSW will not disclose or publish information which identifies individual machines, or potentially identifies sub-groupings of addresses, without consent.
If you have any questions about our privacy statement, please complete our website feedback form.