Mortgage stress handbook
A practical guide for people having trouble with their mortgage
This handbook explains your options if you are having problems with your home mortgage. It has sample documents you can use and a list of useful contacts.
Legal Aid NSW and the Financial Rights Inc.
3rd edition, 2014
- 1. How to use this handbook
- 2. Is my problem urgent?
- 3. Can the lender take my house - What is the process?
- 4. What if I think the lender or mortgage broker has done something unfair?
- 5. A list of options to consider to help me catch up on my repayments
- 6. Making a workable repayment arrangement - my rights!
- 7. What can I do if the lender says "no" to a repayment arrangement?
- 8. Do I need to consider selling my home?
- 9. The lender has taken action against me in court
- 10. Getting my superannuation
- 11. Mortgage assistance
- 12. Getting a stay of an eviction from the Court
- 13. Sample letters and forms
- 14. Useful contacts