What we do
Legal Aid NSW also assists people experiencing domestic and family violence.Our services include:
- free confidential face to face legal advice on most legal issues. Find a Legal Aid NSW advice service near you.
- legal representation for eligible clients, provided through duty services and case grants for ongoing representation
- family dispute resolution services to parties in a family law dispute
- free workshops and webinars for the public and community organisations
- free legal information written in plain English to help people resolve their legal problems
- specialist services for particular groups in the community.
We work in partnership with private lawyers who receive funding from Legal Aid NSW to represent our clients.
We administer funding for a range of community partnership programs.
We also take a broader role in identifying opportunities to improve access to justice for our most disadvantaged clients. We contribute to law and policy reform by writing submissions and policy papers on issues that affect our clients.
Subscribe to our free e-newsletter to keep up to date with what we do.