Work and Development Order Service
What is a Work and Development Order (WDO)?
Work and Development Orders (WDOs) are a way to help people who can't pay their fines.
Who we are
The Work and Development Order Service is a specialist service of Legal Aid NSW.
We deliver the Work and Development Order scheme, with the:
Who we help
- People who can't pay their fines.
- Not-for-profit organisations, government agencies and health practitioners who want to become WDO sponsors.
How we can help
We can help with:
- Free legal advice for people with fines debt at one of our fines clinics or fines days. Contact us to make an appointment.
- Finding a WDO sponsor.
- Advice, assistance and education sessions for service providers interested in becoming approved WDO sponsors.
Call the following number in your region and ask to speak to the WDO Service:
- Central West & North West NSW: (02) 6362 8022
- North Coast & North Eastern NSW: (02) 6621 2082
- South Coast, Southern NSW & Far West: (02) 4228 8299
- South West & Western Sydney: (02) 9601 1200
- Sydney Metro, Central Coast & Hunter: (02) 9219 5000
Map of WDO regions covered
- State Debt Recovery WDO Hotline: 1300 478 879 (Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm)