Law for Community Sector Workers NDIS
We run free workshops for staff, volunteers and board/committee members of NSW community organisations.
This workshop covers:
- Overview of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)
- Who qualifies for NDIS assistance and the type of support a person is eligible for
- Appeal rights and challenging decisions of the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA)
- Where to get legal help
This workshop is delivered by Legal Aid NSW lawyers with extensive experience in civil law.
Registration is essential as places for this workshop are limited.
Who should attend?
- Staff who have contact with people with disability and their carers including those working in the disability, respite and family services sectors.
By completing this workshop, participants will have information and tools to:
- Describe the different types of support available and eligibility
- Explain the appeal processes
- Identify where to get legal help and information
This is a half-day workshop of 3 hours duration.