Law for community workers
Legal Aid NSW runs free workshops for community workers on the following topics.
- Care and protection
- Child support
- Criminal justice system
- Debt Issues
- Discrimination law
- Domestic violence
- Family Law
- Family Law: What is "Best for Kids"
- Fines and WDOs
- Legal words for translators and bi-lingual workers
- Mental health and the law
- Neighbour issues
- Police Powers
- Sexual assault communication privilege
- Social security
- Traffic law
- What is civil law?
- What's the law? Australian law for new arrivals
- Wills and planning ahead
- Young people
Where are these workshops held?
Workshops will be held in Bankstown, Blacktown, Campbelltown, Sydney City, Newcastle, Maitland and Wollongong.
Do I need to register for these workshops?
Yes registration online is essential. To register online select the workshop on the calendar and click 'Register for this Event' and complete and submit the registration form.