Go to content

I have a different complaint about Legal Aid NSW

First you should talk to us
If you have a complaint about our service, a staff member, or your lawyer, contact the office or person you are dealing with.

Tell us about your complaint and what you would like to happen to resolve it.

We will listen and where we can, resolve the problem with you as quickly as possible.

What if it is not resolved by talking?
If you want to make a formal complaint please provide us with details about your complaint (what happened, relevant dates, names of people involved and any relevant documents). You should also tell us what you would like to happen to resolve your complaint. Complaints can be made by telephone, in person, email, using the online form, the feedback form or by letter.

Are you complaining on behalf of another person?
By law we must have the consent of the person you are complaining on behalf of. If you don't do this, we can't give you any information about our dealings with the other person. We are not even able to confirm if that person does or does not have a grant of legal aid.

Please send us the other person's written consent by filling out this client authority to act form or proof of guardianship when you send us your complaint. In some cases we may be able to confirm consent with the other person over the phone.