Commonwealth family law matter

Any family law matter arising under a law of the Commonwealth. A Commonwealth Act of Parliament can be identified by “Cth” in brackets after the name of the Act e.g. Crimes Act 1900 (Cth). Legal aid may be granted for Commonwealth family law matters such as those arising under the Family Law Act 1975 (Cth); the Child Support (Assessment) Act 1989 (Cth); and the Child Support (Registration and Collection) Act (Cth).