Go to content


5. Family Law Matters – when legal aid is available

5.11. Contravention of parenting orders and enforcement of court orders

5.11.1 Contravention of parenting orders

Legal aid is available to make an application or respond to an application in court proceedings for contravention of parenting orders.

For legal aid to be granted, the following tests must be satisfied:

Where legal aid is sought to make a contravention application, Legal Aid NSW must be satisfied that there is a dispute about a substantial issue.

Note: Legal Aid is not available for enforcement of orders.

Date Last Published: 20/01/2017