Go to content

Do you need support for your family law problem? Support for men

The Family Advocacy and Support Services Support Worker for men may be able to help.

Who are we?

We can help if you are affected by family violence and have a family law issue. We can help you if you:

  • have experienced family violence, or
  • if someone says you have used

Using our service doesn’t mean you agree with what has been said about you.

If you have used violence and would like to change, we can help. If you have experienced family violence, we can help you with your safety.

We can also help with problems that don’t have to do with family violence.

How can our support workers help you?

We can work with you to:

  • work out what you need help with and connect you with other services
  • help you to better understand your legal problem and the choices you have
  • give you information and support during your family law case
  • advocate for you with organisations like Housing
  • sort out practical problems like getting you Centrelink
  • connect you with parenting or behaviour change programs
  • connect you with a lawyer to help you with your case
  • help you with safety and support

We can work with your lawyer to support you with your case.

We can help you if you have a private lawyer, a lawyer from a Community Legal Centre or Legal Aid NSW or even if you don’t have a lawyer.

The Family Advocacy and Support Services have support workers

for men and women. If you are transgender or gender diverse just let us know which service you’d prefer to work with.

Our services are free.

We can help you better understand your legal problem and the choices you have.

How do I get help?

Our support workers for men are at these locations some days. To find out when, drop in or call 1300 00 FASS.

Parramatta Level 2, 1–3 George St

Sydney Level 4, 97–99 Goulburn St

Newcastle Level 4, 61 Bolton St

Wollongong Level 1, 43 Burelli St

Do you need help to contact us?

If you need an interpreter, call the Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS National) on 131 450 (9am – 5pm) and ask for LawAccess NSW.

If you find it hard to hear or speak, call the National Relay Service (NRS) on 133 677 and ask for LawAccess NSW or visit www.relayservice.gov.au

Order brochures online at www.legalaid.nsw.gov.au/publications

or email: publications@legalaid.nsw.gov.au>