Go to content

Need immigration advice?

Who we are

We give free legal advice about refugee and family visas.

We are not part of the Department of Home Affairs.

Who we help

We can assist people who have questions about their immigration status in Australia and can give advice to people who want to sponsor family members to live in Australia. We can also give advice about visa cancellations.

We can help if you have a question about:

  • your immigration status
  • sponsoring family members to come to Australia
  • your visa cancellation.

For example, we can help you with:

  • Family visas
  • Refugee and humanitarian visas
  • Partner visas including family violence
  • Visitor visas
  • Visas for New Zealand citizens
  • Bridging visas
  • Visa cancellations
  • Australian citizenship
  • Review of Department of Home Affairs decisions
  • If you don’t have a visa

We can’t help you if you have a question about:

  • Student visas
  • Work or skilled visas
  • Business or investment visas
  • Visas for migration to other countries
  • If you want to stop sponsoring someone

How can I get help?

You can make a free and confidential appointment with a lawyer at these Legal Aid NSW offices:

Central Sydney Legal Aid office

323 Castlereagh Street

Sydney NSW 2000

Ph: 02 9219 5000

Bankstown Legal Aid office

Level 7, Civic Tower

66-72 Rickard Road

Bankstown NSW 2200

Ph: 02 9707 4555

Fairfield Legal Aid office

Level 2, 25 Smart Street

Fairfield NSW 2165

Ph: 02 9727 3777

Our lawyers can also see you at these services:

Accessible Diversity Services Inc

17 Macquarie Road

Auburn NSW 2144

Ph: 02 8737 5500

Blacktown SydWest Multicultural Services

Level 2,125 Main Street

Blacktown NSW 2148

Ph: 02 9621 6633

Western Sydney Migrant Resource Centre

108 Moore Street

Liverpool NSW 2170

Ph: 02 8778 1200

LawAccess NSW is a telephone helpline that gives free legal information. Call 1300 888 529 or visit www.lawaccess.nsw.gov.au