Go to content

Speaking for myself

Where can I get legal help?

LawAccess NSW
Free telephone legal information and referrals to your nearest Legal
Aid NSW office, Community Legal Centre, private solicitors and other
T: 1300 888 529
TTY: 1300 889 529
W: www.lawaccess.nsw.gov.au

Private solicitors
The Law Society of NSW Solicitor Referral Service can refer you to a
private solicitor in your area.
T: 02 9926 0300
E: ereferral@lawsociety.com.au
W: www.lawsociety.com.au

Senior Rights Service
Free telephone legal advice and assistance for older people who are
socially or economically disadvantaged.
T: 1800 424 079
W: www.seniorsrightsservice.org.au

NSW Trustee and Guardian
Prepares a will for no cost for those on a full Centrelink Age Pension.
T: 1300 364 103 for enquiries about trustee services (Will, Powers of Attorney, Trusts and Estate Administration).
W: www.tag.nsw.gov.au

Registrar of the Local Court
Can witness enduring powers of attorney and enduring guardianship
appointments (but can’t help with forms or give legal advice). Local Courts
can be found on the website of the New South Wales Local Court.
W: http://www.localcourt.justice.nsw.gov.au/