Go to content


How Legal Aid NSW can help you

We can help you with legal problems about criminal matters, family breakdown, child support, mental health, domestic violence, debt, housing, social security and immigration.

Our free legal services include:

  • Information over the phone
  • Free face-to-face advice by appointment
  • Publications, seminars and workshops

If you need more than legal advice, you can apply for a grant of legal aid. Getting a grant will depend on your situation.

Call the legal information helpline, Law Access NSW on 1300 888 529 to find out how we can help you.

If you need someone who speaks your own language call the Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS) on 131 450 (9am to 5pm) and ask for an interpreter to connect you to LawAccess NSW on 1300 888 529.