Go to content

Kids in care

Kids in Care brochure cover

There are six booklets in the kids in care series available from Legal Aid NSW.

1. Community Services want to talk about my kids: what will happen?
2. Going to the Children's Court
3. Things have changed and I want my kids back: what can I do?
4. The Children's Court made a decision I am unhappy about: what can I do?
5. What happens when my kids are in care?
6. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children and care  


This information is intended as a general guide to the law. It should not be relied on as legal advice and it is recommended that you talk to a lawyer about your particular situation.

At the time of updating, the information shown is correct but may be subject to change. If you need more help, contact LawAccess on 1300 888 529.

A print copy of this brochure may be ordered online.

If you are hearing/speech impaired, you can communicate with us by calling the National Relay Service (NRS) on 133 677

Telephone Interpreter Service 131 450

Legal Aid NSW acknowledges the prior publication The Children's Court, Care, My Child and Me from the Shoalcoast Community Legal Centre.

November 2013