Previous Page

Access to information

There may be delays for staff in responding to GIPA requests, particularly where archived information is requested.

If we believe there will be delays in responding to your GIPA request, we will notify you as soon as possible and keep you updated throughout the process.

During this time please submit all GIPA requests by email to our Inhouse Counsel Unit.

We appreciate your co-operation.

In accordance with the Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009 (NSW), referred to as the "GIPA Act", members of the public can access government information.


GIPA requirements


Application forms

There is a general public interest in favour of the disclosure of government information and a presumption that government information can be released unless there is an overriding public interest against disclosure.

You can find out more about your right to information and ways to access NSW government information on the Information and Privacy Commission website.